Tiama’s Sales Administration team
Sales Administration is a key player in the sales team since we are the interface between customers, suppliers, providers and internal services. Our main mission is to process sales records, from the preparation of offers, to the confirmation of orders, the organization of logistics and to the final payment.
We are versatile, reactive, proactive and able to adapt to each customer according to their culture.
We have an expert knowledge of all the practices related to International Trade, considering that Tiama is exporting to over 75 countries. We know the rules related to international transport and customs, and we also control many secure means of payment.
Our key phrase is CLIENT SATISFACTION; this is our everyday target.
A strong TIAMA administration team
The customer portfolio of the sales coordinators is distributed according to geographic and linguistic criteria. Versatility and communication within a region are essential to the proper function of the service.
Asia-Middle East Region
Northern Europe – Africa – Maghreb Region
Extended Southern Europe Region
Sales Administration is also composed of our international team:
4 people in the USA
1 person in China
1 person in Russia
Tools for our expertise
– An ERP system: Microsoft AX
– An approved exporter status
– All modes of transport : air / sea / road
– Export documentation: CMR consignment note, B/L, AWB, certificates of origin via the GEFI utility, EUR1, ATR, SASO certificates, Pre-shipment Inspection Certificates, etc.
– Various Incoterms : EXW, FCA, CFR, CIF, CPT, CIP, DAP, DDP
– Secure international payment means: Letters of Credit, Cash against documents, international guarantees,etc.
A team dedicated to machine projects / kits / options / toolings / service quotes / service contracts
Long and complex projects that require expertise in export techniques as well as international payment methods (such as letters of credit, international guarantees,etc.). Orders managed can reach several million euros. The sales coordinator is a true partner with the salesperson , and both are committed to putting the customer at the center of the priorities so that they can give them the best possible service.
A team dedicated to the management of spare parts
A position that is close to clients and which requires a high level of responsiveness (response commitment within 48 hours) as well as a very specific knowledge of export techniques. An order can have only 1 reference, but some orders can include more than 100 items. The team also manages access to our online catalog and updates of the customer’s machine fleet in that catalog.
A team dedicated to technical support
Their main mission is to provide technical assistance to sales coordinators. Through their support, the team is able to provide complete technical details of the material shipped which may be required by customs, or customers. Their help is also valuable in determining which references must be ordered by our customers in order to assure that they can provide optimal service. We have 19,000 references available in our catalog.
Our Strengths to serve our customers
- A pleasant working atmosphere
- Teamwork and a helpful spirit
- A dynamic and multi-generational team (22 to 59 years old)
- Multicultural : different nationalities make up the team: Mexican / Brazilian / American / Cuban / Colombian / Russian / Chinese and French
- Multilingual: our main objective is to be as close as possible to the client providing maximum service by allowing him to speak his own language. Everyone on the team speaks English, but we also have members who speak French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian and Chinese.
- A key position in the company: sales administration is at the heart of the sales mechanism, a true conductor that connects a multitude of internal services so that the customer is fully satisfied.
A desire for continuous improvement and information exchange
Communication within a team is essential. For this reason, we organize monthly meetings to exchange information on internal processes and their evolution.
The business projects under development are discussed so that everyone is involved and ready to mobilize and carry them out. The measured objectives are reviewed with the entire team.
Team members also share their daily lives to ensure that everyone can get the benefits from the challenges one might encounter with a project or geographical area, but also the achievements and successes that make this job an environment where one never gets bored and where each new export can turn out to be a real adventure.
Other Tiama departments are invited to participate in these meetings in order to strengthen corporate cohesion and information exchange within the organization. This allows everyone to have a clear view of the function of each department or activity.
These meetings give us the opportunity to highlight good practices, and everyone can discuss tips that could facilitate the team’s work (e.g.: IT Utility, ERP Tip etc…).
In the spirit of continuous improvement, the sales administration team also participates in varied internal training (product range training, office tools,etc.) and external training (international business practices, international payment means, foreign languages,etc.).
Thanks to all these advantages, at Tiama, we ensure that everyone can feel fulfilled in the team. Once we’ve joined the team, we don’t want to leave it anymore…
About the authors:
Machines Sales Administration Manager
& Gabriela ISSINDOU
Spare Part Sales Administration Manager